Become a volunteer
We are constantly looking for new enthusiast volunteers to help us during our Sunday activities in OR.C.A. WORK. As a volunteer you will help us to organise the practical aspects of our social work and with the socio-cultural animation provided to a group of domestic workers and au pairs with a migrant background.
Would you like to learn more about the English and Spanish-speaking communities from Brussels in a multicultural atmosphere?
Would you like to participate in improving the living conditions of domestic workers and au pairs?
Then this initiative is for you!
The ideal volunteer in OR.C.A
- Has an affinity for people with a migrant background
- Can communicate easily with people from other cultures
- Can speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Will help us to create a warm and friendly atmosphere that makes everybody (including yourself of course) feel at home
- If not Belgian, he/she must be in possession of a Belgian residence card for foreigners (both non-EU and EU citizens)
Our volunteers take the floor
"When I started volunteering for OR.C.A., I didn't expect to become part of such an interesting and nice group. While sharing a coffee, secrets, laughs and memories, we learn together and become friends which is one of the sweetest things we cherish at OR.C.A. You never feel like you’re on your own because we all together are part of a big family, a huge team, where we can rely on each other"
- Sarah (French teacher - Belgium)
"Volunteering for OR.C.A. has become an important part of my life in Brussels. OR.C.A has taught me a lot about the rights of domestic workers in Belgium. I truly enjoy the company of these extremely strong, courageous and delightful ladies (and some men). They have become my heroes!”
- Leila (Volunteer - Spain
"My work as a volunteer in OR.C.A. has given me a lot of satisfaction as a human being as well as a teacher. Discovering other cultures amongst my students is also very enriching. I hope I can do this work as long as possible"
- Amal (French teacher - Belgium)
"I am grateful to the ladies and OR.C.A. for surprising me, letting me taste yummy food, moving me, making me burst into tears laughing, and letting me reflect on Sunday"
- Marije (Volunteer - Belgium)